Gratitude

First Time for Everything
 
Never have I ever written a blog post before. I thought about it many times but never really came around to actually start typing. Recently a feeling dwelled in me, urging me to share the things I think about specifically concerning my believes around faith and Christianity. I thought... "Blogging... really, but I have never done it before" - oh well, there is a first time for everything.
 
Doing things for the first time opens up a door of new experiences - first time experiences. I have found that with doing things for the first time, many people feel a sense of fear, a fear for the unknown perhaps? What ever it may be, you will never know how things could be if you do not take the first step or make the first move.
 
When something is done for the first time, it is a form of excitement. An exhilarating feeling which you might feel like sharing which is exactly what I want to do. My idea of sharing my thoughts is a path that I'm walking and inviting others to walk it with me, to go on a journey with me. Focusing on the Lord and on myself, I'm taking a journey in faith in order to get to a place better than before. A place where the shadows are less and the light is warming and welcoming. Therefore I am sending out a warm welcome to anyone reading this blog. May your shadows always fall behind you.
 
 
Journey: Gratitude
 
I have been challenged to go on journey where I share my thoughts around Christianity, faith and believing. Accepting the challenge I started meditating on the word of Christ. Today (13/03/2014) I am specifically focusing on gratitude.
 
Hebrews 12:26-28: 26 And His voice shook the earth then, but now He has promised, saying, "YET ONCE MORE I WILL SHAKE NOT ONLY THE EARTH, BUT ALSO THE HEAVEN." 27 This expression, "Yet once more," denotes the removing of those things which can be shaken, as of created things, so that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. 28 Therefore, since we receive a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us show gratitude, by which we may offer to God an acceptable service with reverence and awe; (Available Online from: http://biblehub.com/hebrews/12-27.htm )
 
Meditating on this verse I could not help but think of my feet. Standing on my feet I realised that my feet helps me to balance. I have 2 two feet and I'm viewing them as a balance between light and dark, black and white. Sometimes I am leaning more to the one side and vice versa but more often I am standing on them equally - creating perfect balance assisting me to not just fall over whereas if I had to balance on one foot (not impossible) the possibility of falling over will be bigger.
 
Metaphorically, being balanced is a good thing but you need to balance on something firm. You need to have a strong foundation and in my case my foundation, my rock is God. I am certain that the Foundation will not crumble. Therefore I am greatful to be standing firm on an unshakable Foundation below my feet. My feet serves as a reminder for me that I can go on this jouney of faith and that I can follow in His footsteps.
 
 


"Walk as though you are kissing the earth with your feet" - Thich Nhat Hanh
 
I have only just begun my journey but I am excited to walk this path in faith.
 
Till next time
T

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer Walk through your Home

We serve a God of Healing and Miracles

"Patient Fruit" - Take a bite