God in People - Grandparents

Have you ever noticed how some people just have an extra glow bursting from them? Have you ever noticed how some people's eyes have a luminous light shining through? I have...

1 John 4:12
No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

If we love one another God is in us and His love is perfected in us because He is love. Who loves you enough to have the love of God shine through like a burning fire? I am sure that everyone can think of someone who loves you like no other person will ever be able to... I am lucky enough to have four people I can think of who loves me like crazy and I am lucky enough to still have them around - My grandparents!

I have experienced the love of God through them. They have taught me about the word of God and His love. Whenever I would go to visit my grand parents they will teach me and tell me about God.
I have one specific memory of my "Oumie" - one of my grandmothers. As a little girl I always went to her house in the mornings (she lives right next to us) and every morning she would pray for two angels to be with me that day. I remember getting up in the mornings and feeling excited because "today Oumie will pray for two angels to be with me" - this was a wonderful comfort. My "Oupa Tjommie" - my grandfather who lives next to us always looks like he is smiling. His eyes are soft and glowing with love. My other memory is of my other grandmother - "Ouma Mick" and she taught me about the bible and always said that everything I need to know is in the word of God. "Oupa Khan" - my other grandfather has a face that looks calm and his eyes always seems as though they are zoning out happily - I truly can't explain it in any other way. I "just know" that God lives in my grandparents.

I consider myself very lucky to still have grandparents. Many people do not have this privilege anymore and therefore I am so blessed. My grandparents have an extra glow around them. They have the fire of Christ burning through them. They have the light of the Holy Spirit shining through them and I can truly see God in them. Come to think of it, I can see God in most grandparents or older people - it seems like they have everything together spiritually.




Grandparents are awesome! Love them and love the old people because with God living in them they are the perfect example of love.
T.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer Walk through your Home

We serve a God of Healing and Miracles

"Patient Fruit" - Take a bite